- Heat Shrink Wrap
- Shrink Wrap Machines
- Shrink Film Specials
- Stretch Film
- Stretch Film Dispensers
- Stretch Wrap Specials
- Stretch Wrap Machines
- Plastic Strapping
- Packing Tape
- Food Packaging
- Printers Film
- Laundry Film & Garment Bags
- Pallet Covers
- Poly Sheeting
- Poly Tubing & Bags
- Kraft Paper
- Trash Bags
All Polyolefin Shrink Rolls On Sale!
Product discounts are added in the cart.
You can also click 'Request a Quote' for orders of 5 or more products, or check out our Shrink Wrap Specials.
What is Polyolefin?
(Poly·ole·fin) is a plastic polymer, the root word olefin refers to any member of the alkene series. An alkene is any unsaturated chemical compound containing at least one carbon double bond. Ethylene is one of the most common olefins. Polyolefins are used in a variety of industries including: automotive, cosmetics, adhesives, packaging and more. Poyolefin shrink film is the most common form of polyolefin used in the packaging industry.
Polyolefin shrink wrap offers many advantages over PVC shrink wrap. In recent years, polyolefin has become the preferred shrink material for most shrink packaging applications. Our polyolefin shrink film is FDA approved for direct food contact.
*Polyolefin- is a polymer that has become a chosen polymer in the packaging industry because of its shrinking properties, clarity, and absence of chloride. Polyolefin is a generic term that refers to a variety of polymers. Polyolefin is considered a thermoplastic material that contracts when heated. It remains odorless when heated and cooled. This is an important advantage over PVC shrink wrap. PVC shrink film contains Chloride that emits a strong odor when heated and cooled. Proper ventilation is a must when dealing with PVC shrink wrap.
*Centerfold polyolefin shrink wrap- is a great option for packaging a variety of products. Companies have moved to using polyolefin to package everything from consumable products to bundling insect sprays. Originally there was a shift in the packaging industry to polyolefin shrink film for packaging consumable products. As stated above, the polyolefin does not contain the chloride PVC shrink film does.
Centerfold shrink film is great because of how the film is folded onto the roll. The film is folded length ways onto the roll to allow users to quickly insert the product being packaged into the fold crease. The illustration to the right will help show how products are into the centerfold shrink roll.
Once the product is placed into the fold crease, film will be covering the product on both sides. The best option for sealing centerfold polyolefin or PVC shrink wrap is an L-Bar sealer. The L-Bar sealer has 3 sealing sides to clamp down on the centerfold wrap around the product. The sealer will seal and cut in one motion. There are dozens of options for L-Bar sealers out there, and it can be tedious finding the best one for your operation. That is why we only offer basic L-Bar sealers online that are great for manual and smaller operations.
*Polyolefin Shrink Wrap vs. PVC Shrink Wrap
- Storage- Polyolefin shrink wrap does not have the storage temperature restrictions PVC shrink wrap does. PVC shrink film can not be stored in temperatures that are too hot or too cold because of the plasticizers.
- Clarity- Polyolefin shrink wrap offers a much clearer look after heat is applied.
- Lack of Odor- As stated above, polyolefin shrink film does not contain chloride like PVC shrink film does. The chloride emits an odor when heat is applied to it.
- Less Build Up on Sealer Wires- The plasticizers in the PVC shrink wrap can cause build up on the shrink machine sealing wire. This build up requires routine cleaning or replacement of the sealing wire.
- FDA Approved- Polyolefin is the only shrink film we offer that is FDA approved and can come into direct contact with consumable products.
Polyolefin Film Thicknesses
- 60 Gauge POF Rolls = 4775 Feet Long
- 75 Gauge POF Rolls = 3500 Feet Long
- 100 Gauge POF Rolls = 2625 Feet Long
We offer multiple widths and thicknesses to choose from on all of our shrink wrap materials. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at 1-800-441-5090
How To Measure For Centerfold Shrink Wrap
Centerfold Polyolefin Shrink Film- The easiest way to measure for centerfold shrink wrap is to add the depth and width, then add 2-3 inches. If a product is 10 inches wide and 4 inches tall, you would add 10+4+2=16. A 16 inch wide film would be ideal for wrapping the product. If a 16 inch film is not available, go up to the next size of film, never go down in size.